At Cisco, our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. Cisco is constantly looking for talented individuals and offers a variety of internship opportunities. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with leading technology in a collaborative, fast-paced global environment, then a Cisco Internship is a great way to kick-start your career.
Systems Engineers are the technical specialists of our sales community, they work with our customers and partners to ensure their technical needs are fully understood and deliver solutions to consistently exceed their expectations. As an intern on this team you will get an opportunity to work with a variety of leading Cisco technologies, as well as interact with our valued partners to develop the skills to become a trusted advisor adding a business and client relationship context to your role as the technical specialist on our Sales teams.
The systems Engineering Lab Admin Engineer will: * Coordinate and manage the resources of the lab: hardware, software, space allocation planning, power and cooling
- Is responsible for hardware and software preparation for System Engineers demo opportunities
- Coordinates hardware flow from and to the Cisco Systems office, makes sure all the equipment is tracked and accounted for using internal systems
- Disposes of unusable items
- Monitors and promotes ESD compliance
- Keeps abreast on current lab safety laws and industry procedures
- Ensure conformity of lab to ISO9001 standards
- Will work with virtualization systems, NAS equipment and various operating systems as part of daily job to reconfigure them according to System Engineers request
- Assist and help various team members in their lab work.
Ideally, Interns will possess some of the following attributes:
- Knowledge of core networking technology and a strong interest in network engineering
- Basic understanding of scripting and/or programming – for example *NIX shell, Python or PowerShell
- Have CCNA level knowledge of Cisco technology (either completed CCNA modules or obtained CCNA certification)
- Basic knowledge and practice with hypervisors – KVM/VMWare vSphere/Hyper-V
- Strong skills with Linux, Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office package
- A methodical thinker with attention to detail, able to react creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Persevering with a drive to constantly learn new things and always deliver the best solution to our customers, on time and as promised
- Able to work under pressure and make decisions with a positive “can do” attitude
- Open minded and passionate about new technologies, ideas and ways of working
- Able to communicate complex technical detail and engage the customer and colleagues in a proposed solution
- Motivated towards an engaging and fast paced career, with focus on personal development and learning
- An active participator in a team environment, contributing to the success and achieving of the overall objective.
Education and knowledge required
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical/Computer/Networking Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, or Computer Science
- Fluent in English, written and verbal as well as the local language of the country of your application
- Cisco Networking Academy Training and Certifications are preferred
- Must be able to live and work in the country of your application, without additional visa support or sponsorship.
What Will Interns Achieve?
Cisco Internship Program is the primary path to full-time opportunities at Cisco and this invaluable work experience will enhance your transition into employment following graduation.
Interns will work in a global, corporate environment, gaining experience and exposure to cutting-edge technology. You will develop many essential, work related skills, such as time management and research, documentation and presentation abilities.