De Gruyter (www.degruyter.com), an academic publishing house based in Berlin, Germany, has more than two centuries of publishing experience in the humanities and natural sciences. The company’s portfolio features more than 900 academic journals, 35 databases, and 60,000 books, with more than 850 titles added each year. De Gruyter Open, as a part of De Gruyter, publishes own and third-party scholarly journals across many disciplines. De Gruyter Open publishes over 350 society journals, which are available through www.degruyteropen.com, one of the largest Open Access platforms in the world.
- Supervise books and journals production process (copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, electronic publication and printing).
- Technical control of the quality of the content.
- Implementation of publishing systems and solutions for journals.
- Very good English; good German will be an asset.
- Previous experience in DTP desired, but not essential.
- Previous experience in publishing or within academic publishing will be an asset.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), HTML will be an asset.
- High affinity with Internet.
- Ability to work from home (note: this is a full-time job).
- Articulate, proactive, good communicator and outgoing with strong and effective organisational skills.
- International working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- A chance to hone your skills or learn something completely different in a truly innovative industry.
If you feel that you fit the criteria, please apply today by submitting your CV and cover letter (both in ENGLISH) to email@example.com (with subject: Production Executive). Job interviews will be held in Warsaw and/or Krakow. Applications close on the 15th June 2017. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.