International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw Laboratory of Neurodegeneration headed by Professor Jacek Kuznicki is seeking a talented PhD Student (NCN OPUS)
Description of tasks:
- Analysis of calcium homeostasis in zebrafish and the role of Stim protein (using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry, imaging of calcium signaling in vivo in the brain zebrafish larvae and in primary neuronal cultures from zebrafish);
- Identification of Stim-dependent calcium channels by immunoprecipitation and subsequent mass spectrometry, co-localization of selected Stim targets on fixed primary cell cultures from zebrafish larvae and/or whole-mount zebrafish larvae;
- Analysis of behavior of Stim-/- lines.
- Master’s degree in biology or related field;
- Good knowledge of cell and molecular biology;
- Experience in laboratory work, including fish biology;
- Research experience abroad;
- Interest in neurobiology research;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Creative and independent approach, motivation to work in research, analytical thinking.
- Experience in calcium imaging and protein biochemistry will be a plus.
24th of September, 2017
Scholarship agreement, 3000 PLN net/month for 3 years
How to apply:
Please send your application to the e-mail address: rekrutacja-LN@iimcb.gov.pl until 24th of September 2017. The application should include cover letter, CV including candidate’s research achievements, the list of publications, and names of two referees.
Thanking all applicants for their interest, we will contact only selected candidates for an interview. In case no suitable candidates are found, we will continue collecting applications.
Please include in your application the following statement: “In accordance with the personal data protection act from the 29th of August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes”.
In case of resignation of the selected candidate, the scholarship will be awarded to the next person on the ranking list.
The recruitment procedure fulfills the National Science Centre’s regulations on granting the scholarships to young scientists.
The application should include cover letter, CV including candidate’s research achievements, the list of publications, and names of two referees.