The Royal Bank of Scotland is a UK-centred Bank with international footprint with its headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland. We support our customers to access international markets in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America.
Global Hub Europe (GHE) in Warsaw, Poland is a global centre of excellence for RBS, from where we provide a wide range of high-quality and knowledge-based services. We excel in key activities like anti-money laundering operations, payment investigations, finance and information security.
A Middle Office is the link between Front Office and Back Office teams and is responsible for the accuracy and controls surrounding trade capture in trade booking systems. Products within their interest rate derivatives remit include IRS, FRA, OIS, FX, CAPs/Floors, Swaptions, Range Accruals & Spread Options. A large emphasis is put on developing processes to improve control & efficiency and provide projects for individuals to develop their own personal skills.
We are currently looking for students of the final years of studies (Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics or related) for 3 month internships. We are looking for ambitious, dynamic and open people who seek professional challenges and development opportunities in international finance industry.
Typical activities include:
- Daily control reports preparation
- Option expiry controls
- Internal reconciliations and vendor reconciliations
- Investigation on the breaks discovered during reconciliation processes
- General query handling
- Student status (3rd, 4th or 5th year of studies) from the Economics/Quantitative/IT/Finance field of studies
- Fluent English
- Understanding how the financial/banking sector operates
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Availability minimum 32 hours per week
- VBA knowledge would be an advantage
- Being involved in projects would be an asset
- Knowledge of banking products would be an advantage
- Readiness to work in a dynamic environment
- Energetic /self-motivated individual
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- To be able to support building working relationship among the team and other stakeholders
- Open minded and not afraid to ask questions
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Responsibility and decisiveness when it comes to daily tasks delivery
If you want an exciting and challenging start to your career then our TMO Warsaw Middle Office Division is definitely a good place to begin!
Please add TMO Middle Office– Internship as an email title.
Please enclose the following statement in your application:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w moich dokumentach aplikacyjnych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych Dz. Ust Nr 133 poz. 883).
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
CV in English