The Royal Bank of Scotland is a UK-centred Bank with international footprint with its headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland. We support our customers to access international markets in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America.
Global Hub Europe (GHE) in Warsaw, Poland is a global centre of excellence for RBS, from where we provide a wide range of high-quality and knowledge-based services. We excel in key activities like anti-money laundering operations, payment investigations, finance and information security.
A Middle Office is the link between Front Office and Back Office teams and is responsible for the accuracy and controls surrounding trade capture in trade booking systems. Products within their interest rate derivatives remit include IRS, FRA, OIS, FX, CAPs/Floors, Swaptions, Range Accruals & Spread Options. A large emphasis is put on developing processes to improve control & efficiency and provide projects for individuals to develop their own personal skills.
Within TMO Middle Office we are currently looking for students of the final years of studies (Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics or related) for 3 month internships. We are looking for ambitious, dynamic and open people who seek professional challenges and development opportunities in international finance industry.
Typical activities include:
- Supporting Team in processing:
- Trades clearing to central counterparties (Clearing House) across all asset classes
- Controls to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements (eg. EMIR & Dodd Frank)
- Coupon Blending and Standard Netting processes for Compressions with London Clearing House and Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Backloading packages to various clearing houses via external electronic affirmation platform – MarkitWire
- Proactively raising any concerns, including the timely escalation of control issues.
- Work with the Risk and Control Team and other line managers to ensure that controls frameworks are in place and adhered to and that documentation is up to date.
- Stakeholder management across TMG, Front Office, Operations, Finance, Risk, Compliance and IT.
- Fluent English – written and spoken
- Good Excel skills (VBA would be an asset)
- Strong knowledge of derivative financial instruments (eg. IRS, CS-B-MTM, CDS, Forwards)
- Understanding of the value of money in time concept
- Understanding of the Clearing activities
- Availability minimum 32 hours per week
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain business relationships
If you want an exciting and challenging start to your career then our TMO Middle Office Division is definitely a good place to begin!
Please add TMO Middle Office Division– Internship as an email title.
Please enclose the following statement in your application:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w moich dokumentach aplikacyjnych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych Dz. Ust Nr 133 poz. 883).
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
CV in English