The client is looking for Junior and Senior Structural Engineers with experience of 2 years and more. Full training will be given in UK Structural Engineering practices.
The Structural Engineer provides specialist support to check that designs submitted by clients comply with the correct Standards and Regulations. They also perform reviews of construction sites to ensure compliance with best practice.
- To check Structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
- Checking the Design Engineer has complied with relevant Standards and Codes of Practise.
- Liaison with developers/clients to offer technical advice and guidance.
- Liaison with Project Managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters
- To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high rise frames.
- To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify repairs and further work.
- Very good English skills.
- Qualified Civil, Builings or Structural Engineer.
- 1 years + experience as a Structural Engineer.
- Experience managing complex relationships and external clients.
- Experience with Bricscad, Autodesk Robot Structural, or RM-Win
- In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations.
- Technical knowledge such as – foundations, load bearing structures. water-proofing, roofing, drainage etc.
- Experience across a broad range of building structures from houses to apartment blocks.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, and Codes of Practice;
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Candidates will spend the first 10 weeks of the job based at the head office, undertaking an intensive surveying course on construction sites based in the area. During this time, candidates will learn all about surveying procedures, technical standards and the role. After successful completion of the training, they will then spend 10-12 weeks training on the job in another location in the UK. We cannot confirm the exact location until after first 12 week training period. A majority of surveyors will be based in the south east e.g. in London or surrounding towns. If you have a particular preference we will try to accommodate you.
- Salary of £28,000 – £32,000 GBP gross annual is offered for the first 6 month training period. This is dependent on skills, qualifications and technical knowledge evidenced during the interview.For structural engineers with experience 5 years+ the salaries will be higher approx. £35-£40,000
- Salaries after 6 months will be reviewed and there will be a possible increase of 10-20% based on performance. Then your salary will be reviewed on an annual basis.
- A private serviced apartment for a single person is provided for free for the employee for the first 12 weeks at HQ, for the second 10-12 week period accommodation is also provided for free.
- Additional Benefits (during the 6-month training period) –
- One way travel to the UK to start work.
- Accommodation and subsistence costs whilst training e.g. up to £25 per day for lunch and dinner;
- Benefits Package
Following successful completion of their training period (subject to age and policy restrictions)
- Life Insurance;
- Company Pension;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- Car allowance for employees 45p per mile tax free or car lease scheme approx £300 per month + 0.15p per mile if travel is over 10,000 miles annually if necessary.
- Training allowance to gain chartered engineer (uprawnienia budowlane) status in the UK with CABE.
CV in English and Polish. Interviews are taking place in Warsaw on April 17th and 18th