Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer consultants help clients design and manage health, retirement and other benefits and optimize human capital. The firm also provides customized administration, technology and total benefit outsourcing solutions. Mercer’s investment services include global leadership in investment consulting and multi-manager investment management.
On top of a broad range of services offered by Mercer we can also provide assistance in: designing employee appraisal system, development and competency programmes, as well as conducting remuneration surveys.
Due to the rapid growth, Mercer is looking for talented and motivated candidates for the following position:
Economic Research Analyst
The purpose of the Economic Research Analyst position is to research official sources of Personal Income Tax and Social Security information at the national level (budget releases, government web sites, tax authorities, Mercer’s own information and in some cases, a 3rd party sources). This analysis is used as a basis to create Mercer’s Personal Income Tax Reports. The tax reports serves as a crucial source of tax information for clients who purchase our mobility data and utilize the tax calculators to evaluate impact of tax and social security on packages for remunerating their expatriates.
- Independently researches various government sources around the world to identify the availability of accurate tax and social security data to use when updating Mercer’s Personal Income Tax Reports
- Monitors national economic decisions that impact taxation in the various countries to determine if changes to the schedule are necessary or if more frequent updates are necessary
- Performs data analysis to verify the accuracy and consistency of the data
- Informs and responds to consultants and clients on the interpretation and implementation of this tax information
- Summarizes all data findings using text, graphic charts and numeric tables into a polished home country tax profile which is purchased by clients
- University degree in economics, mathematics and/or statistics and equivalent experience in a related field required
- At least 3 years’ experience preferred in an area of Personal Income Tax / international taxation
- Knowledge of tax systems preferred
- Accuracy and at ease when working with numbers and statistics
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in other major language, i.e. French, Spanish, Russian
- Problem solving skills, solid foundation in statistical analysis, understanding and interpretation of mobility data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including high proficiency in Excel)
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
Other Desirable Skills / Experience
Knowledge of any other European language will be an asset
- Work in a people-oriented team with dynamic colleagues and leaders who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients and by ourselves
- Competitive salary based on employment contract
- Attractive benefits package (including private health care, sports card, life insurance, lunch card, language courses)
- A-class office building facilities near to Plac Zawiszy
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV in English by10 December 2016.
Please include the following statement:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych w dokumencie CV zarówno na potrzeby prowadzonej rekrutacji jak również po jej zakończeniu. Jednocześnie wyrażam zgodę na pozostawienie przekazanego dokumentu CV przez pracodawcę oraz przetwarzania moich danych osobowych w celu tworzenia i prowadzenia elektronicznej bazy danych, co umożliwi wykorzystanie moich danych osobowych w kolejnych procesach rekrutacyjnych zgodnie z ustawą o ochronie danych osobowych z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. ( Dz. U z 2002 nr 101, poz. 926)”.
CV in ENglish