A PhD student position in molecular biology/physiology available from 2018 in the project founded by National Science Centre entitled “The role of ALKBH proteins in obesity and type 2 diabetes development using the pig model” lead by prof. Elżbieta Grzesiuk.
The main idea of the project is to determine the role of ALKBH proteins, so far linked to DNA/RNA damage repairing, in obesity and type 2 diabetes development. Indication of the mechanisms regulating these processes is planned in the porcine model as it is much closer to human physiology compared to the commonly used rodent model.
The successful applicant should:
- hold MSc degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology,
- Biotechnology, or will be close to obtain it;
- have intermediate skills in protein purification from eukaryotic systems;
- have experience in protein analysis by Western Blot and Immunohistochemistry techniques;
- have fluency in spoken and written English;
- be enthusiastic about nature, ecology, evolution and problem solving
- be well organized, eager to learn and ready to assimilate literature
- Participation in courses and conferences;
- Three years stipend (2000 – 4000 PLN net per month)
The application must include
- Curriculum vitae,
- Motivation letter,
- At least one recommendation letter and contact details of the referee/s,
- A list of publications and/or communications (if applicable).