James Blake Associates provides professional services in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning, Urban Design, Ecology, Arboriculture, Land Adoption and Weed Eradication. With over 30 years in practice, James Blake Associates stands for efficient, engaged services, excellent communication and intelligent sustainable solutions, from inception to delivery and beyond. Our expert team cover a huge range of projects, and what sets us apart is our value innovation. We tailor our services to each client’s requirements, and to each specific site and stage of works. The James Blake Associates team is commercially and politically aware, careful to keep client confidences, and committed to putting client goals, aspirations, and purposes to the fore. Our continual investment in people and the latest technology allows us to deliver comprehensive landscape, ecology, arboriculture, and other environmental services throughout the entire development process – from RIBA stages 1 to 7. At James Blake Associates: We have a strong team ethic with a focus on professional development, mentoring, and support, with some fun thrown into the mix too! We build solid and lasting relationships with clients, co-consultants and contractors. We believe in a collaborative approach which nurtures ideas, creativity, and innovative solutions. The office is located in the beautiful Suffolk countryside, in the centre of Lavenham. This offers a tranquil and picturesque base which is close to Cambridge and London. We understand that training is vital in creating a team of confident professionals and so we provide CPD and weekly skills training. We help team members achieve professional status or equivalent nationally recognised qualifications – licenses, charterships or certificates of competence. We offer a generous remuneration package to reflect skills, responsibility and expertise, with healthcare for senior staff. We consider applications for flexible working options.
37.5 hours/week (full time employment)
- To provide support to the Head of Landscape Architecture and the Landscape team in the design, delivery and management of projects.
- Take ownership/assist with the design for a variety of projects, for which you are involved;
- Take instructions from clients, but always then advising the PM on the brief and then seeking instructions;
- Assist the Project Manager or Head of Landscape Architecture in the preparation of fee quotations by reporting all adjustments and changes to the brief/requirements or to the cost of the scheme, as the project develops;
- Accurately support team members in the preparation of concept and detailed plans, reports or working drawings, including construction details and specifications for the project, using computer-aided design (CAD) packages, similar design software;
- Support PM in presenting your work to clients, dealing with enquiries, matching the client’s wishes with your knowledge of what will work best and reporting all client calls to the PM;
- Ensure deadlines are met and maintain effective communication with the PM where issues may arise. Highlight all requests for additional information or provisions that affect cost or time;
- Liaise with other professionals across JBA on the project as required or instructed;
- Provide advice to clients, or referring queries accurately to other members of the team;
- Liaise with and support project managers, clients, other consultants in the design team and contractors where necessary;
- Work across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver proposals, reports and plans that take full account of the work of others within the practice;
- Update time management system and goal sheets as necessary and support team members and the PM in doing the same.
Candidates should be:
Qualified with either a Diploma or MA in Landscape Architecture (Mgr Inz Architektury Krajobrazu lub podobne)
All interested candidates should be:
- Creative with good design skills and positive minded;
- In possession of an appreciation for details and working knowledge of hard and soft materials;
- Able to demonstrate excellent client engagement, communication skills and report writing ability;
- Eager to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Able to demonstrate excellent IT skills in MS Office, Adobe and CAD packages;
- A full clean UK/ EU driving licence is required.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and team-work orientated Graduate Landscape Architects who are passionate about their profession and delivering high standard landscape projects to the clients, and who are committed to their career progression. The successful candidate will become a part of a friendly landscape team and will provide day to day support to the Head of Landscape in the design, delivery and management of projects.
Team work, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are essential. You will also be developing client relationships and collaborating with co-consultants, have good hard and soft landscape design skills.
It would be beneficial if you hold post-grad degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent, you must be able to use AutoCAD and Adobe Suite software – InDesign and Photoshop, Sketch-up and Revit knowledge would be desirable. We offer full training and support and we mentor candidates to become fully Chartered Members of the Landscape Institute.
Salary scale, dependent on qualifications and experience, within: £20K – £26K, we not only offer competitive starting salaries, but also benefits to support you at work; payment of annual professional subscriptions, ongoing training and excellent career prospects – we’re a vibrant and friendly environment to boot!
CV, portfolio, list motywacyjny