Polish NGO Development Policy Foundation from Warsaw: www.fpr.org.pl https://www.facebook.com/Development-Policy-Foundation-153077058167722/ specialized in regional development through rural development, social entrepreneurship, agri-tourism development, promotion of local products, slow food, and short food supply chains in Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, and other. The organization successfully promotes wine and culinary tourism in Georgia and Moldova. The project in Moldova was initially developed though building culinary routes and community kitchen in Palanca and successful implementation of first geographical indications (GI), except wine in Moldova. Currently, it goes on to a further stage, which is wine- and agri-tourism development through building and developing the tourist infrastructure. The project in Stefan Voda District, in the world-famous Purcari wine region, aims at joining together the culinary, tourist, and wine potential of this region. As a part of the project, we are looking for a participant for the 2-month programme that will take place in Et Cetera winery in Purcari wine region. It is a prestigious, international award winning winery www.etcetera.md. It is a family-owned winery that started operating in 2002. In 2009, the new winery was built. Nowadays, the vineyard of 27 ha has several grape varieties for red wines, such as: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Feteasca Neagra, Saperavi, Carmenere, Syrah, Malbeck and grape varieties for white wines: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viogner. Et Cetera winery won Bronze medal at Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2012 for Et Cetera Merlot 2010, Silver Medal at Decanter Wine Award, London for Chardonnay in 2012, as well as Bronze Medal at Decanter World Wine Award for Feteasca Neagra 2011.
- conducting the wine tastings,
- creating convivial at mosphere in the winery and in the restaurant by interacting with foreign customers,
- on-line promotion (blog, Facebook) of the emerging tourist region.
- a person who would be enthusiastic to take part in the development programme and would feel encouraged to lead an inspiring blog/Facebook page about the Purcari region and its growing tourist potential to encourage more tourists to come and visit,
- a student of a wine school or a member of a wine association will be an additional asset,
- an advanced user of English, ability to communicate in Russian or Romanian will be an additional asset.
Qualification can vary providing you have a willingness to learn. This programme would suit someone who is entering into the world of rural business, wine tourism, agri-tourism, marketing or international business specialist.
- free of charge training programme in distinguished winery and restaurant in the acclaimed Purcari wine region in Moldova,
- a chance to learn about wine making process and to gain a wider perspective on wine production in Purcari wine region,
- round-trip ticket
- quality accommodation at the winery and full board on-the-spot,
- full insurance.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org until 27 October 2017